38 ways to guess your baby's sex
What could be more fun than trying to guess the sex of your baby-to-be? Everyone wants to get in the game...
Don't be surprised if someone you've never met stops you at the supermarket, offering a prediction of your baby's gender. For hundreds of years, expecting mums have relied on time-tested methods of guessing their baby's sex. Even though these old wives' tales are far from foolproof, they are certainly more fun than their more reliable successors, amniocentesis and ultrasound. Enjoy guessing your baby's sex!
It's a boy if...
- You didn't experience morning sickness in early pregnancy
- Your baby's heart rate is less than 140 beats per minute
- You are carrying the extra weight out in front
- Your belly looks like a basketball
- Your areola have darkened considerably
- You are carrying low
- You are craving salty or sour foods
- You are craving protein - meats and cheese
- Your feet are colder than they were before pregnancy
- The hair on your legs has grown faster during pregnancy
- Your hands are very dry
- Your pillow faces north when you sleep Dad-to-be is gaining weight too
- Pregnancy has you looking better than ever
- Your urine is a bright yellow in colour
- Your nose is spreading
- If you hang your wedding ring over your belly, it moves in circles
- You are having headaches
- You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived the number is even
It's a girl if...
- You had morning sickness early in pregnancy
- Your baby's heart rate is at least 140 beats per minute
- You are carrying the weight in your hips and rear
- Your left breast is larger than your right breast
- Your hair gets red highlights
- You are carrying high
- Your belly looks like a watermelon
- You crave sweets
- You crave fruit
- You crave orange juice
- You don't look quite as good as normal during pregnancy
- You are moodier than usual during pregnancy
- Your face breaks out more than usual
- You refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread
- Your breasts have really blossomed!
- Your pillow faces south when you sleep
- Your urine is a dull yellow in colour
- If you hang your wedding ring over your belly, it moves from side to side
- If you add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived the number is odd
It's one of the most cherished times in a woman's life, the late months of pregnancy and early months of motherhood....