7-day vegetarian diet plan
A meat-free diet isn't automatically less fatty. Wynnie Chan has put together a seven-dayfor vegetarians
Just mix and match meals that appeal from the selection below to meet your daily quota of 1,400 calories -- and still stay satisfied. The ideas range from quick and easy to more sophisticated dishes.
Allowances per week
2 glasses of wine (93cals, 0g fat), 48g chocolate bar (e.g. milk chocolate: 250cals, 15g fat; plain chocolate 245cals, 13g fat), 70g slice of cake (e.g. fruit cake: 254cals, 11g fat; chocolate cake: 319cals, 20.1g fat; Swiss roll 193cal)
Vegetarian Breakfast Ideas:
(Include a glass of fruit juice with each option)
1.190g of reduced-sugar and reduced-salt baked beans with 60g grilled mushrooms and 65g grilled tomatoes followed by a 125g pot of diet bio yoghurt with 120g stewed prunes.(306cals, 2.2g fat)
2. 1 serving of baked summer fruits served with a 125g pot of plain very low-fat fromage frais, followed by a slice of sesame Ryvita topped with 150g sliced apple and 2 tsp lemon curd. For the summer fruits bake 60g raspberries, 70g peach, 50g strawberries and 40g blackberries in a slow oven for 30 minutes. (285cals, 2.8g fat)
3. 1 bowl (30g) Weetaflakes, topped with a handful of raisins and 125ml skimmed milk, followed by a glass of banana and strawberry smoothie (whizz 60g fresh strawberries and 250ml cold skimmed milk in a blender with 100g chopped banana; top with ice). (336cals, 0.9g fat)
4. 1 bowl (30g) unsweetened tropical muesli with 125ml skimmed milk, followed by a slice of multigrain rye crispbread topped with 30g sliced fresh pineapple and 15g reduced fat cottage cheese. (270cals, 3.4g fat)
5. 1 bowl of instant porridge (made with 1/4 pint skimmed milk) topped with 60g fresh chopped strawberries, followed by a bowl of fig, melon and banana salad with crystallised ginger (mix 100g sliced banana, 55g halved figs, 100g chopped honeydew melon and 10g chopped crystallised ginger together; chill until ready to eat).(307cals, 2.5g fat)
6. 2 slices (72g) of wholemeal bread topped with 30g reduced-fat cottage cheese and 40g canned pineapple chunks, followed by a bowl of crunchy tropical fruit salad (mix together 25g sliced papaya, 30g sliced kiwi fruit, 30g pineapple chunks and 1/2 passion fruit; top with 15g unsweetened muesli, lightly toasted under a medium grill for 5 minutes). (288cal, 3.4g fat)
See also: 75 fast, healthy meal ideas
NEXT UP: Lunch, Dinner and Snacks...