Basic PancakesNo comments
- 150g plain flour
- 2 large eggs
- 300ml milk
- 2 tbsp melted butter or vegetable oil, plus extra for frying
- pinch of salt
More recipes like this
- Place all the ingredients in a liquidiser with l cold water. Whizz to a smooth batter. Or, sift the flour and salt into a bowl, add the eggs and about half the milk. Whisk to a thick paste. Whisk in the rest of the milk and l water for a smooth, pouring batter, then add the melted butter or oil.
- Heat 2 tsp butter or oil in a non-stick 18cm/7in frying pan. Pour in tbsp batter and swirl around. Cook for seconds until the edges brown.
- Use a fish slice or palette knife to turn it over, or if you?re courageous, toss it! Cook until lightly browned.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter to make about pancakes. Stack them on a plate between sheets of greaseproof paper. You can keep the plate over a saucepan of just simmering water to keep warm or wrap them loosely in foil and reheat a medium oven at 180 C / fan oven 160 C / gas mark 4 - 10-15 minutes.