Hagrids EyeballsNo comments
These giant-sized crispy chocolate, inspired by the larger-than-life Rubeus Hagrid in the Harry Potter books, make the perfect children's party treat
25g Rice Krispies or Rice Snaps
- 75g good-quality milk chocolate
- 8 tbsp icing sugar
- 2 x Nestlé Giant Smarties
- black writing icing
You will also need clingfilm
- 6p each (£1.40 for 24)
More recipes like this
- Cut pieces of clingfilm to measure about cm square.
- Break up the chocolate and melt it in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water.
- Remove from the heat and add the Krispies or Snaps.
- Mix well until coated then leave to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Put a heaped teaspoonful on to each clingfilm square, shape it into a sphere, twist the ends together to secure and then leave in the fridge to harden.
- Put the icing sugar into a bowl and add enough hot water to make a thick paste.
- Remove the clingfilm from the chocolate Krispies and coat completely with the icing.
- Stick a Smartie on to the 'eyeball', and add a large dot of writing icing as the pupil.
Source: Diane Cross