Jam Roly Poly
Jam Roly Poly3 comments
- 200g self-raising flour
- 100g vegetable suet
- finely grated zest and juice 1 small lemon
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 2-4 tbsp milk or water
- 200g red jam of your choice such as plum, cherry, raspberry or strawberry
- pinch salt
- custard, cream or ice cream to serve
More recipes like this
- Stir the flour, suet, salt and lemon zest together then work to a firm dough with the lemon juice, egg and milk or water.
- Roll out to a rectangle about x .cm/ x n and spread jam to within m/n of the edges. Roll up starting from a short end and seal the edges well with a little water.
- Set the roll on a sheet of well buttered foil and wrap, making sure you seal the ends well.
- Set in a steamer and steam for hrs. Serve in slices with custard, cream or ice cream.