Television personality and Celebrity Masterchef Liz McClarnon dishes up a weekly serving of foodie trivia including personal culinary experiences and fantastic recipes to try at home
Liz's pizza omelette
All the kids I know (godchildren included) know that Aunty Liz is not too shabby in the kitchen but all they ever want to make is Pizzas (the youth of today hey?! Ha!) I want them to have fun but cooking the same thing over and over again with them gets a tad tiresome. So when I started the campaign for British Lion Eggs I thought I'd reinvent the pizza with the idea of it being less calories for the little ones (under 300) and something different for me to do with them at cooking time.
The great thing about this is they can get involved easily, it's tasty and because I use British lion eggs, I'm guaranteed the highest standard of food safety. Check out the video below to see how to make this great main meal... the kids love to watch it bubble up in the oven too. And, just like a normal pizza, you can add your favourite toppings, but I've gone for something simple.
Pizza omelette by Liz McClarnon
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Olive oil
- 8 large British Lion eggs
- A handful of pitted black olives
- 4 tbsp Passata sauce
- 1 tsp oregano
- 85g Cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
1. Beat the eggs with the oregano and season.
2. Heat the oil in a large oven-proof frying pan and pour the egg mix in.
3. Cook on a low heat until the eggs look like they're nearly set, stirring occasionally.
4. Place under the grill on a high heat until it looks like it's puffed up.
5. Spread the Passata sauce over the egg base, sprinkle on the cheese and olives and place under the grill for 2-3 minutes until the cheese has melted.
For more recipe ideas visit www.eggrecipes.co.uk/mainmealsinminutes. For more information, please contact the British Egg Information Service on 020 7052 8899.