Pecan Pralines14 comments
- 175g unsalted butter
- 225g light muscovado sugar
- 225g caster sugar
- 140ml double cream
- 250ml milk
- 200-300g pecan nut halves, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp natural vanilla extract
More recipes like this
- Line two baking trays with baking parchment. Warm the butter, sugars, cream and milk in a pan until the butter has melted and the sugars have dissolved.
- Add the chopped nuts, then increase the heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, for about minutes until the mixture reaches the hard ball stage (//gas mark on a sugar thermometer, or when a little mixture forms a clear hard ball that you can roll between your fingers when dropped into iced water). Remove from heat at once.
- Stir in pecan halves and the vanilla and beat for up to minutes until the mixture thickens and becomes opaque and sugary but soft enough to spoon. Drop spoonfuls on to the baking paper and leave until firm. Store in an airtight container.