Plum Tray-BakeNo comments
This delicious plum bake can either be eaten cold as a cake or warm as a dessert, served with custard.
- 125g/4oz Butter (softened)
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- 275g/10oz Soft Brown Sugar
- 3 Medium Eggs
- 110g/4oz Plain Flour (sifted)
- 110g/4oz Self-Raising Flour (sifted)
- 125ml/4fl oz Milk
- 50g/2oz Ground Hazelnuts
- 6 Small round plums (halved or quartered, stones removed)
- 40g/1oz Dried Cranberries
- 40g/1oz Toasted Hazelnuts (chopped)
More recipes like this
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Line a rectangular baking pan measuring approximately 30cm x 20cm with baking parchment.
- Cream the butter and sugar together with a wooden spoon in a large mixing bowl until pale and fluffy, then stir in the, eggs, ground hazelnuts, dried cranberries, flour, milk and vanilla extract.
- Spoon and level the mixture into the baking tray, then press the plums into the top of the cake mixture in rows of 3, cut-side up.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until risen and lightly golden. (A skewer should come out clean when inserted into the cake.) Top with chopped toasted hazelnuts and let cool for at least 10 minutes.
Source: South African plums