Raspberry, Ginger and Cinnamon Torte with Raspberry Sauce
Raspberry, Ginger and Cinnamon Torte with Raspberry SauceNo comments
The most glorious dessert for a special occasion, marrying the flavours of raspberries, ginger and almonds.
- 150g soft margarine
- 150g caster sugar
- 200g flaked almonds (grind 150g of them)
- 150g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 225g fresh raspberries
- 1 piece stem ginger, chopped
For the sauce:
- 225g raspberries
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
More recipes like this
- Preheat the oven to //gas mark Beat together the margarine, caster sugar, ground almonds, flour, cinnamon and egg.
- Grease and line the base of a cm/n loose-based cake tin. Spread half the creamed mixture into the tin and level.
- Top with the raspberries and stem ginger, then dot with the remaining mixture and sprinkle with flaked almonds. Place on a baking sheet and cook for minutes. Leave in the tin to cool for hour, then transfer to a plate.
- For the sauce, pure the raspberries, lemon juice and sugar, then sieve to remove pips. Dust the torte with the cinnamon icing sugar and serve sliced with the sauce.