Szechuan chicken with noodles (8 points)
Szechuan chicken with noodles (8 points)1 comment
Craving Chinese? Try this lightened-up version of a takeaway favourite, made with whole wheat spaghetti, broccoli slaw and tender chicken.
WeightWatchers New Complete Cookbook, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, © 2011
- 3 (150g) skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut on diagonal into thin strips
- 15g cornstarch
- 10ml canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 280g package broccoli slaw
- 1 bunch spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 115g wholemeal spaghetti, broken in thirds and cooked according to package directions
- 30ml reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 15ml sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 20g pine nuts, toasted
More recipes like this
- Combine chicken and cornstarch in large zip-close plastic bag. Squeeze out air and seal bag. Shake until chicken is coated evenly.
- Heat wok or large deep nonstick pan over high heat until a drop of water sizzles in pan. Add 1 teaspoon of oil and swirl to coat wok. Add chicken and stir-fry until cooked through, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds; transfer to plate.
- Remove wok from heat; wipe clean with wet paper towel to remove any cornstarch. Set wok over high heat and add remaining 1 teaspoon oil. Add broccoli slaw and stir-fry until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Add spring onions and pepper flakes; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Return chicken to wok along with spaghetti; stir-fry until heated through, about 2 minutes. Add soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar; stir-fry until mixed well, about 1 minute. Serve sprinkled with pine nuts.
Points plus per serving: 8
Healthy Extra: Add 1 diced red or orange bell pepper to the skillet along with the broccoli slaw in step 3.