Turkey sausage & spinach pasta
Turkey sausage & spinach pastaNo comments
This tasty pasta is a complete meal in one dish. Hot Italian turkey sausage gives the pasta big flavour without having to add a ton of pricey spices.
- 340g whole-wheat short pasta, such as shells or twists
- 225 hot Italian turkey sausage links, removed from casings
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 800g baby spinach
- 400g halved cherry tomatoes
- 115g finely shredded Pecorino Romano, or Parmesan cheese, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
More recipes like this
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta until just tender, 9 to 11 minutes, or according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat, breaking it up into small pieces with a wooden spoon, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, spinach and tomatoes. Cook, stirring often, until the greens wilt and the tomatoes begin to break down, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat; cover and keep warm.
- Combine 115g cheese, pepper and salt in a large bowl. Measure out 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid; drain the pasta. Whisk the cooking liquid and oil into the cheese mixture; add the pasta and toss to combine. Serve the pasta topped with the sausage mixture and an extra sprinkle of cheese, if desired.