Click here to get back to baby's second year main page.
SIMPLE WAYS TO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF
Five Secrets to Being a Successful Single Mum
Single parenting is perhaps one of life's greatest challenges. Take a moment to get to know yourself better and cultivate five important traits to help you flourish as a single mother:
1. Wisdom. You don't need to know everything. Simply know how to put things in perspective.
2. Wit. Maintain your sense of humour.
3. Dignity. Take pride in who you are and the amazing job you've undertaken.
4. Confidence. Take care of yourself, respect yourself and cherish your self-assuredness.
5. Courage. Once you're confident with who and where you are, go out on a limb and try new things.
Most importantly, remember that motherhood is one of life's most important careers and is a wonderfully rewarding challenge. Keep up the good work.
Minimise the morning rush hour.
Take a few minutes to organise your morning routine so it's less rushed and frustrating. You'll save a great deal of time and get your day off to a wonderful start.
Get up at the same time every morning.
Set alarm clocks in each bedroom and teach school-age children how to use them.
Make a timetable for each family member's time in the bathroom.
Make sure everyone (you included) starts the day with a healthy breakfast.
Organise items you need each day, the night before if possible.
Establish a permanent 'home' for nappy bags, wallets, purses, keys, hats, mittens and anything else you carry on a regular basis.